Level 4 IT & Computing
Duration: 10 months
Program pace: Self-pace
Credits: 120 credits
Location: Fully Online
Tution Fee: 2.500 €
Equivalent to 1st year of University
Online Business Academy Level 4 IT & Computing is a perfect study program if you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career. The IT & Computing Diploma offered by EduWW Online Business Academy is definitely the course you should consider. The Level 4 modules and assignments of this course are equivalent to the first year of a University Degree.
Our online Level 4 IT and Computing Diploma program carries 120 credits, and it will provide you with the skills required to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of additional materials to help them in the completion of this course. The program is entirely individual and self-paced, which means that students learn on their own.
To enroll in a Level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education (high school diploma)
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have IT and Computing qualifications but may have skills in other areas or prior IT & Computing experience in the workplace.
Age: 18 +
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- High School Diploma in case a student comes from a country that doesn’t follow the UK education standards
- Other related Level 3 subjects
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications
The Level 4 IT and Computing Course consists of ten modules and ten written assignments. Once students complete modules, they will have to do written assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each.
The Assignment unit titles for the Level 4 course are:
- Management Information systems
- IT and Society
- Computer Systems and Software
- Computer Programming
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-commerce Applications
- Human-Computer Interactions
- Information Systems Theory
Through this course, students develop skills in programming, systems analysis, design, and software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.
Assessment at Online Business Academy is a very straightforward process:
- When you finalize the modules, you will have to complete an online assessment. That assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions. Since they are segmented in sets of five you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour, the test will automatically end.
- You will get results immediately after the completion of the test. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer,” and you will have to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When you finalize modules, you can take the final written assignments that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules.
This qualification helps you to get a basic understanding of IT and to develop key computing skills. You may have already achieved qualifications in IT at a lower level, or you may not have computing qualifications. You may have already gained qualifications in other areas and/or prior relevant experience in the workplace. This program is particularly suitable if you are seeking to progress to higher education to take a degree course in an area of computing or management, or you wish to progress your career in an IT management role.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to support your progression to further learning. However, through this course, you will get knowledge and understanding of IT and Computing concepts and develop the skills required to work in this industry. This course gives you a comprehensive introduction to the IT industry, enabling you to execute numerous IT roles with confidence. For example, Programming, Management of Information Systems, Web Development, Software Engineering, and even Project Management. Moreover, this program allows you to choose additional units that help you acquire specific knowledge. All this can significantly help in your career development.
This qualification will help you to gain a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding, and skills relating to IT across sectors, which will enable you to progress to the Level 5 Diploma in IT & Computing. Level 4 is equivalent to the first year of a bachelor’s degree. Therefore, this program is a natural progression route to a BA degree program in a higher education institution, where you should be able to claim exemptions for some of the units completed. This qualification will help you gain a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding, and skills relating to IT across sectors. After finalizing it, you can proceed to a Level 5 studies in IT & Computing.
You should take Level 4 if you:
- are relatively new to the IT industry or are seeking an entry-level IT role
- have already achieved Level 3 qualifications, or completed training at this level in a related area to IT, or have prior, relevant work experience
- want to develop a comprehensive set of knowledge, understanding, and skills relating to IT & Computing
- have sufficient time to achieve a qualification of 120 credits
- are planning to embark on a degree course and are looking for a qualification which will be regarded as equivalent to the first year and therefore ‘count towards’ your degree.
EduWW Online Business Academy offers high-quality UK programs at affordable tuition fees. The tuition fee differs depending on the study program. Additionally, we allow students to pay it in monthly installments.
Students are required to pay enrollment fees, as the first installment of tuition fees, in advance, and the rest will be divided into equal monthly payments. See the table below for more details.
We accept online payment and wire transfer. The tuition fee covers all our services. We will not impose any additional or hidden expenses on your behalf.
|TUITION FEE PAYMENT OPTIONS - EDUWW ONLINE BUSINESS ACADEMY|
|Program||Tuition Fee||Enrollment fee||Monthly installments||Monthly fee|
|Level 4 IT||2,500.00 euros||700 euros||10||180 euros|
Students are required to pay an enrollment fee of 700 € in advance, while the rest of the tuition fee 1,800.00€ can be paid in up to 10 installments, which is 180€ monthly.
The course is Accredited by the ATHE and approved and regulated by OFQUAL.
ATHE Level 4 Diploma In Computing
Available to learners
- Lectures 97
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
IT and Society
This module examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
Computer Systems and Software
This module will explore the functions of computing systems and the basics of design, configuration, and routine maintenance.
This module examines the basis of OOS and how programming fits into the broader aspects of usage of applications.
Relational Database Systems
This module will enable understanding of database design and development and enable students to develop and design a database and explore solutions to meet client brief. Learners will learn how to design a database.
This module is concerned with the analysis of IT and computing needs to develop requirement specifications and develop and test prototypes.
System Analysis and Design
This module provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate to organization needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
This module explores the role of eCommerce in the modern world and in particular the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements. Human Computer Interaction This module will develop students understanding of principles and models of Human Computer Interaction and evaluate existing HCI design and principles and use this to help them plan their own prototype multimedia user interface.
Human Computer Interaction
Information Systems Project Management
This module explores elements of project management key to successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
Management Information Systems
This module focusses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.